3Flex Combined P/C Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the 3Flex
Physisorption & Chemisorption for surface area, porosity analysis, and active site characterization.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine the sample
amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas time
and temperature, prepare the sample using the SmartPrep degas system, and introduce
the sample to the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric
- Understand the basic fundamentals of chemisorption and the basic operation of a static
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a reference
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain
analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment
problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to a 3Flex 3500 in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.