3Flex/ASAP 2020 Physisorption Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the 3Flex and
ASAP 2020 physisorption for surface area and porosity analysis.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to properly weigh the sample tube with and without sample, determine the sample
amount required, properly load a sample into a sample tube, determine required degas time
and temperature, prepare the sample using the SmartPrep degas system, and introduce
the sample to the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of physisorption and basic operation of a volumetric
- Be able to use the computer and operational software to perform an analysis on a reference
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and obtain
analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate equipment
problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to a 3Flex 3500 or ASAP 2020 in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.