4356 Communications Dr
Norcross, GA 30093
SediGraph 5120/5125 and MasterTech 052 Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the
SediGraph III for particle size analysis.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating
- Understand the basic fundamentals of sedimentation.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of sample dispersion and be able to properly
disperse a sample of reference material.
- Know how to use the operating software to operate the SediGraph and
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and
obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to make all user level repairs, adjustments and checks, and locate
equipment problems using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to a SediGraph in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive containing presentations , relevant application notes and Study Guide
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.