AutoPore 95XX Operator Training
This course introduces students to the components, operation, and theory of the
AutoPore for Mercury Porosimetry.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Be able to identify and power up the system, including installation of the operating
- Understand the basic fundamentals of mercury porosimetry.
- Understand how to safely handle mercury with the instrument.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of AutoPore operation and be able to properly
analyze a sample of reference material.
- Understand how to use the operating software with a PC in order to operate the
- Be able to properly configure any report format, a combination of reports, and
obtain analysis information according to your laboratory requirements.
- Be able to perform all user level maintenance, and locate equipment problems
using the Troubleshooting section of the Operator’s manual.
NEEDS AND RESOURCES:
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Have some minimal exposure to an AutoPore in a laboratory environment.
- Have reviewed the Operator’s manual.
The following provided materials will help you successfully complete this course:
- Operator Training Study Guide with Lecture Presentations
- Micromeritics Thumb Drive containing presentations, relevant application notes and Study Guide
Additional Print Resources
The following publications will also be provided:
- Webb, Paul A. and Clyde Orr. Analytical Methods in Fine Particle Technology. Norcross, Georgia,
U.S.A.: Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 1997.
- Related Application Notes and Technical Tips.